Paediatric surgery is the only surgical speciality that is defined by the patient’s age rather than by a specific condition and deals with the diseases, trauma and malformations from the fetal period to teenage years.
Al Jalila Children’s Paediatric Surgery Clinic provides general and specialised surgical services to infants, children, and adolescents, and performs a wide variety of surgical procedures such as:
- Neonatal surgery for conditions such as congenital diaphragmatic hernia and gastroschisis (a birth defect hole in the abdominal wall).
- Emergency procedures for appendix removal, pyloromyotomy for correction of torsion of the testis
- Common elective procedures such as circumcision, correction of undescended testis, repair of umbilical, hernia, and hydrocoele.
- Abdominal and thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery which is refers to any surgical technique that does not require a large incision. This relatively new approach allows your child to recuperate faster and with less pain. Not all conditions are suitable for minimally invasive surgery. Some surgical techniques that are considered minimally invasive surgery including: Arthroscopy, Bronchoscopy and Gastroscopy.