The Neurosciences Centre of Excellence at Al Jalila Children’s is one among the most advanced facilities in the region that specifically caters to disorders of the nervous system in children. As the only dedicated hospital for children in the UAE, the Centre features state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and consultants with years of paediatric experience from some of the renowned hospitals around the world.
The Neurophysiology Service consists of various electrical tests of the brain, nerves and muscle like EEG (Electroencephalogram), Nerve Conduction (NCV), Electromyography (EMG) and evoked potentials. These tests help in the diagnosis of various neurological conditions like epilepsy, neuropathy and myopathy.
The service also provides inpatient Video-EEG (where the patient is admitted to the hospital to undergo continuous video and EEG recording) and ambulatory EEG (where the patient’s EEG is recorded at home using a portable wearable device).
What we treat
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Genetic Disorders
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Moyamoya Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neonatal Disorders
- Neurological Disorders in Children with Cardiac Disease
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Syncope & Autonomic Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome and Other Movement Disorders
- Tuberous Sclerosis
What makes us different?
- Al Jalila Children’s is the only hospital in the UAE to incorporate dedicated inpatient paediatric neurology and neuro-rehabilitation services in one facility.
- The hospital also offers the first inpatient paediatric EEG service in Dubai.
- The Neurosciences Centre of Excellence enjoys the uniqueness of being part of a full-fledged world-class hospital where every patient will be assessed by a multidisciplinary and highly experienced paediatric consulting team that offers a 360-degree evaluation and treatment under one roof, resulting in a definitive and clear medical solution.