The Department of Laboratory Medicine at Al Jalila Children’s is a large modern laboratory, fully equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation. The laboratory operates 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, and performs diagnostic routine and esoteric testing. Highly trained and certified technologists perform the tests with highly advanced automated analysers. To provide accurate test results, manual microscopic, and analytical procedures are also performed.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine includes services like chemistry, haematology, blood bank and transfusion medicine, serology, microbiology, and molecular diagnostics.
The Department provides laboratory testing for all clinical centre inpatients and clinic outpatients. A hospital-wide information system is used for ordering and reporting laboratory tests along with a laboratory information system (LIS) that interfaces with the hospital information system. Most of the instruments in the department are interfaced, so test results are available to the units as soon as they are certified. Reports of your child are available within one hour on the units and clinics for tests requested through the hospital information system.
At Al Jalila Children’s, you can be assured that your child’s lab tests are done at a world-class paediatric facility that meticulously follows protocols and appropriateness criteria set up by the College of American Pathologists. This ensures the lowest possible blood volumes based on age with the best test results. Additionally, our diagnostic team ensures that your child’s labs are done accurately at the first instance and the results interpreted by expert pathologists, microbiologist, and clinical scientist. Our commitment to quality and safety is augmented by the state of art infrastructure and systems of work we possess.
What makes us different?
- The only dedicated subspeciality paediatric hospital in Dubai that has high-end diagnostic equipment and analysers
- We employ paediatric reference ranges to cater to our paediatric population
- Availability of esoteric test that are uncommon, challenging, or unavailable at other healthcare facilities
- Special procedures, workflows and tests to meet the special needs of babies, children, and teens
- Adoption of unique special instrumentation designs to reduce sample volume, dead volume, analytic interferences and turnaround time in order to cater to paediatric population
- Developed rational testing algorithms based on clinical needs and results of comparative studies done for all analytes
- Availability of online test catalogue for specific information about lab tests, including test collection information, processing instructions, sample stability, turnaround time, reference ranges and more
- A team of dedicated laboratory professionals highly skilled at handling the unique needs of children of all ages