General Mental Health Services
A service that offers initial and ongoing assessment and management of Children & Adolescents presenting with mental health difficulties.
Mental Health difficulties seen:
- Mood Disorders such as Depression and/or Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Self-Harm and Suicidal Behavior
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD)
- Disruptive Behavioral Disorders (Conduct Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Psychosomatic Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Tic Disorders
- Stuttering and Selective Mutism
- Stress responses to abnormal situations at school or home such as bullying or abuse
- Psychosocial and familial stressors including but not limited to familial separation, reunification, divorce and transitions
- Identity, self and developmental transitions
- Parent-child attachment and support
- Initial screening & triaging of Children & Adolescents presenting with mental health disorders, followed by appropriate referral to specialized services or to community resources.
- Short-term acute stabilization until assessed by other teams.
- Psychometric testing
- Follow-up and monitoring of patients following initial assessment
- Medication management.