Gastroenterology is the study of the normal function and diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. It involves a detailed understanding of the normal action (physiology) of the gastrointestinal organs including:
- The movement of material through the stomach and intestine (motility)
- The digestion and absorption of nutrients into the body
- Removal of waste from the system
- The function of the liver as a digestive organ
Did you know that 60% of infants have significant reflux in the first year of life and 90% of them are better by the time they are one year old.
Did you know that around 1 out of every 100 children has celiac disease, and around 7 of 8 children with celiac disease don’t show classic symptoms?
Did you know that 4% of children over four years old have persistent fecal soiling and around 80% of children with fecal soiling have underlying constipation as the cause?
At Al Jalila Children’s, we aim to provide our patients the highest level of care by employing state of the art diagnostic modalities and evidence-based treatment plans. We are committed to doing so, while supporting the emotional and social health of our children.
We treat disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and related organs, like the liver, pancreas, and gallbladder, with common and important conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gallbladder and biliary tract disease,colon polyps and cancer, hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems,gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn), and pancreatitis.
What makes us different?
- The Gastroenterology Clinic at Al Jalila Children’s is an advanced facility with modern and complete paediatric gastrointestinal procedural capacity.
- The team is devoted to the care of the most complex to the most common of children’s abdominal complaints.
- Al Jalila Children’s has handpicked an exclusive team of experts with vast experience from some of the best hospitals in the world to be part of the Gastroenterology Clinic.
- The Gastroenterology Clinic enjoys the uniqueness of being part of a full-fledged world-class hospital where every patient is assessed by a multidisciplinary and highly experienced paediatric consulting team that offers a 360-degree evaluation and treatment under one roof, resulting in a definitive and clear medical solution.