The Al Jalila Children’s Genomics Centre is a state-of-the-art unit that was created to offer a wide range of genetic testing and counselling services, thus filling a notable gap in the region for such a facility in view of the global increasing demand for genetic testing. The Genomics Centre at Al Jalila Children’s possesses cutting-edge technologies capable of conducting the most sophisticated genetic testing. Additionally, a team of highly specialised, western-board certified team of physicians oversee and run the Centre.
Genetics is being rapidly integrated into all aspects of modern medicine and with the support of our genetic counselling core, the first in the UAE, we offer genetic services in our Endocrinology Clinic. Single and Multi-gene next generation sequencing disease panels should be considered for endocrine disorders such as:
- Monogenic diabetes
- Monogenic obesity
- Glycogen Storage disorders
- Ketotic hypoglycemia
- Short stature
What makes us different?
- The only advanced CAP-accredited genomic sequencing diagnostics in the UAE and the region with a focus on paediatric disorders
- The first clinical genomics facility in the UAE to establish in-house bioinformatics and interpretation pipelines following the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) standards
- The Genetics Laboratory is part of a full-fledged world-class hospital where every patient is assessed by a multidisciplinary and highly experienced paediatric consulting team that offers a 360-degree evaluation and treatment under one roof, resulting in a definitive and clear medical solution
- A Genetic Counseling Core to assist clinicians and families in understanding all aspects of genetic testing (ordering, billing, consenting, recurrence risk assessment, result disclosure, family planning)
- Al Jalila Children’s is the only paediatric centre in the region to staff American board-certified genetic counsellors