Department of Diagnostic Imaging
Paediatric Radiology is a subspeciality of radiology involving the imaging of fetuses, infants, children, and adolescents. “Children are not small adults!” Children need care, specifically designed to meet their unique needs. At Al Jalila Children’s, we have a dedicated and highly specialized diagnostic imaging facility that provides a safe, comfortable, and child friendly environment for children and their families.
There are numerous medical conditions that are seen only in children and our highly experienced team takes into account the dynamics of a growing body – from pre-term infants to adolescents – where organs and limbs follow different growth patterns and phases.
We strongly believe it is essential to limit an individual’s radiation exposure and this is even more so for children. Therefore, it is important to have your child’s imaging performed at a child-centred facility. While many clinics and hospitals offer diagnostic radiology, many are not set up for children. At Al Jalila Children’s, you can be assured that your child’s imaging is done at a world-class paediatric facility that meticulously follows the protocols and appropriateness criteria set up by the Society for Pediatric Radiology. This ensures the lowest radiation dose possible with good quality images.
Additionally, our diagnostic imaging team ensures that your child’s imaging is done accurately at the first instance and the results interpreted by expert paediatric radiologists. This minimizes the need for repeat tests and subsequent exposure to radiation or possible sedation/ general anaesthesia.
Our commitment to quality and safety in imaging is augmented by the state of art infrastructure and systems of work we possess. These include:
- a dedicated picture archiving and communicating system to store, retrieve, and access imaging data at any point of time and anywhere in the hospital
- a critical radiology results reporting system
- a dedicated paediatric anesthesia team along with compassionate nursing care to make your visit comfortable
- speech recognition software for fast and efficient delivery of reports
- quality assurance programmes
What makes us different?
- The only dedicated subspeciality paediatric hospital in Dubai that has high-end imaging equipment and child friendly environment.
- The only hospital in Dubai that has adopted and implemented the Society for Pediatric Imaging guidelines and protocols for children – the same high standards of care provided by the top international paediatric hospitals.
- Continuous medical educational activities for radiologist, technologist and nurses every day along with quality improvement exercises and multidisciplinary clinical rounds.
- Exceptionally experienced team to ensure that children are not subjected to unnecessary imaging and subsequent radiation and general anesthesia/sedation. We utilize non-radiation imaging modalities like ultrasound and MRI whenever possible.
- Radiation dose monitoring programme by an onsite medical physicist integrated into Total Quality Management (TQM).
- The Diagnostic Imaging department enjoys the uniqueness of being part of a full-fledged world-class hospital, which means every patient will be assessed by a multidisciplinary and highly experienced pediatric consulting team that offers a 360-degree evaluation and treatment under one roof resulting in a definitive and clear medical solution.