Blue Cafe is an initiative launched by the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Centre of Excellence that focuses on talks by senior professionals and mental health experts to help parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) develop a better understanding of ASD and the different evidence based practices in the field.
Parents will learn more skills in dealing with social communication and behavioural challenges from an ASD expert who will help in understanding their needs, strengths, and empowering skills. The professionals will guide parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder on how to deal with the most challenging needs with children on the spectrum. The areas covered and discussed throughout the programme are a mix of medical and skills development options including nature of ASD, comorbidities, sleep, communication, and behaviour modification strategies.
1. Talks by and with professionals from the AJCH
2. Empowering skills for parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
3. Alternative evidence based practices
• will be more familiar with misconceptions and treatments in Autism Spectrum Disorder
• will learn some strategies in dealing with their children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
• will learn some tips to maintain healthy family dynamics and fortify their relationships with their children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
• become advocates for other families with similar challenges and help in contributing in creating a more autism-friendly environment